Monday, August 8, 2011 at 3:17 pm.
5 stocks that actually went up today
Pandemonium! Chaos! Whatever.
Yes, everyone took a beating today and there’s a lot of uncertainty about IPOs on the horizon like Groupon. But per Peter Kafka’s request, here are 5 stocks that went up today. (And no, you probably haven’t heard of any of them.)
- VoIP company BroadSoft (BSFT) up 18% on strong earnings and guidance.
- General Finance Corporation (GFN), an industrial company in Australia and New Zealand, up 22%.
- Lifetime Brands (LCUT), “North America’s leading resource for nationally branded kitchenware, tabletop, home décor, and lifestyle products,” up 5% after earnings.
- A bunch of ultra-short and bear market ETFs.
- ChinaEdu Corp. (CEDU) up 37% for no reason I could find.