Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 8:52 pm.
My new job at ReadWriteWeb, and what it means for SplatF
My job there will be very cool: I’ll be traveling around the world, researching and writing about tech, looking for neat stories and big ideas. (If you have ideas, or suggestions on where I should go, please get in touch.)
My goal for the next few years of my life is to spend less time in front of the computer, and see more of the world, and this will provide me that opportunity. I am legitimately excited.
What does this mean for SplatF?
- I will continue to write SplatF, now, then, and probably for the rest of my life, with the same mission as always: To write the site I want to read.
- Much of my time and some of my best work will now go toward RWW; that’s the point. But I have every interest — and personal, professional, and financial incentives — to improve and grow SplatF.
- SplatF will now gain access to people and places that it couldn’t before. Instead of just writing from my apartment in Brooklyn, I’ll be traveling to Silicon Valley, Europe, Asia, and all over. Those experiences will find their way here as well as onto RWW. So let’s meet up!
- SplatF, for a while, may take on a more personal tone. I don’t know. We’ll see!
- I’ll be able to stop doing one-off freelance projects and focus on writing for two sites. I’ll be more organized, less distracted, and more relaxed. In theory, that will make for a better product.
As always, I am grateful for your attention and support. This is shaping up to be SplatF’s biggest month ever, and it’s all because of you. So, thanks, and I hope you’ll read my stuff in two places starting in January.