Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 2:20 pm.
10 Things The ‘5’ In Apple’s iPhone Event Invitation Might Be Foreshadowing
- The number of announcements at the event. Perhaps: iOS 6, new iPhone, some big new Apple iOS app, new dock connector, some hardware accessories?
- The number of colors the new iPhone will ship in.
- The number of inches in the new iPhone’s display, vs. the rumored 4-inch screen.
- The number of years it’s been since the first iPhone went on sale.
- The number of buttons open on Craig Federighi‘s shirt during the keynote, never mind that he’s the Mac software guy, not iPhone.
- The number of hours I’ll inevitably wait in line for one. (Just kidding. After waiting six hours for the iPhone 4, I’ll never do that again.)
- The % that AAPL shares will decline because the new iPhone doesn’t have a built-in NFC chip/Mars rover/immersion blender.
- The number of days later Samsung integrates some element of the new iPhone’s design into the next Galaxy thing.
- The name of the next phone: iPhone 5. It doesn’t follow logically, but who cares? It has passed “iPhone 4S” in Google search volume. The press won’t shut up about it. And it’s a nice-looking number.